Changes in Mozy for Mac 1.5
After a two week beta period, the 1.5 release of Mozy for Mac was released today. We’ve made a lot of improvements over the last few releases. If you’re new to Mozy, you should try our 2GB-for-free, no-strings-attached version here.
The official announcement is on our blog. Here’s more details about what changed in this release:
- Consumer and business versions of the software can now run simultaneously on the same machine.
- Added a file scanning progress indicator in the Configuration window.
- Added a warning that appears when a backup is started before the product is fully configured.
- Added a warning to prevent changes being lost when the Configuration is closed without saving.
- Simplified the list of options in the menu bar.
- Improved memory usage during backup and restore.
- Improved the way network encryption keys are retrieved.
- Improved the ability to restore default backup sets in the Configuration window.
- Improved the efficiency of the log file collector.
- Improved the handling of temporary files.
- Improved the handling of database corruption.
- Eliminated unnecessary API calls to improve performance.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Mac 10.4 (Tiger) users from backing up properly.
- Fixed many instances of potential configuration corruption.
- Fixed an issue importing a personal key into the decryption utility.
- Fixed a potential root exploit security issue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some files with aliases in their paths from being backed up.
- Fixed an issue where Status would get stuck if the backup process was not running.
- Fixed an issue that caused Restore to crash for some users.
- Fixed a rare issue when restoring files with resource forks.
- Fixed an issue where the uninstaller missed some files.
- Fixed an issue with handling email addresses containing a “+” sign.
- Fixed a display defect in the Files and Folders tab.
- Fixed a display defect with the “Temporary Files Location” in the Preferences window.
- Fixed the display of exclusion notifications.
- Fixed a display defect which appeared after saving changes in the Configuration window.
- Fixed a rare issue which forced user credentials to be reentered.